♦ FLAMENCO FLAMENCO!
New classes start at DANCE 101
- Adults Technique and Choreography Beg-Inter.
- New Series start Oct. 6!
- EVERY TUESDAYS, 8-9PM
Classes break for 2-3 weeks at the end of December through early January.
Dance 101 was voted “Best Exercise Alternative” in Atlanta Magazine, recognized in Jezebel Magazine: This fitness studio has gained a cult following thanks to fun, innovative dance classes that get you in shape while you get your groove on.
Featured on The SP100 for Health and Beauty; Voted #1 on the Atlanta Hot List for CityVoter; voted “Best Dance Performance” by Creative Loafing and profiled in multiple local as well as national publications, featured on CNN Small Business Success Stories, not to mention 5 live dance segments on Good Day Atlanta, come see what all the fuss is about!
- SEVILLANAS SPRING 2016
- WORKSHOPS – THE PALO SERIES
- WORKSHOPS IN ATLANTA
FLAMENCO NEW CLASS SERIES – LAST 2014 CLASS WILL BE ON DECEMBER 8TH
WE ARE HAPPY TO ANNOUNCE THAT WE NOW HAVE OUR NEW FLAMENCO CLASS AT DANCE 101 !
♦ MONDAYS ♦ 8:00pm-9:00pm ♦
This class is open to all those who wish to develop further their understanding of flamenco. The class will aim to increase dancers’ competence and confidence in three key areas: choreography, musicality and technique. Students are introduced to the different palos (rhythms), floreos (exercising the wrist, palm and fingers – hand movements); marcaje, (arm and body movement); taconeo (footwork) and palmas (hand clapping) which accompanies traditional flamenco. Learn how to develop an expressive upper body, posture, expression and endurance. Here we focus on helping students develop individual expression in choreography and musicality and on perfecting technique. Whether you would like to perform some day or would like a good workout, come enjoy the cultural experience of Flamenco! Ole!
Classes are “live flamenco” accompanied by Flamenco Guitarist: KYLE and Flamenco Singer DEBORAH !
Students taking the class and interested in performing should get in touch with the instructor.
Men and Women welcome! Come join us!
• Time and Day: every Mondays at 8:00pm-9:00pm
• Duration: till December 8th
• Dates: September 8th – December 8th
• Call 404-542-3887 now to secure your placement • 2480 Briarcliff Road, Suite 11 • Atlanta, GA 30329
- 1 Class Drop-In Card: $20 ( any 1 class )
- 4 Class Card: $64 ( $16 per class – expires in 1 year )
- 10 Class Card: $150 ( $15 per class – expires in 1 year )
- 20 Class Card: $280 ( $14 per class – expires in 1 year )
♦ THE PALOS SERIES: FANI FLAMENCO WORKSHOPS
♦ SATURDAYS / SUNDAYS ♦ 3:30 pm – 5:30 pm ♦ NEW PALOS SERIES STARTS SATURDAY, AUGUST 30th, 2014!
We are excited to introduce The Palos Series, a workshop exploring the complexities of flamenco music, dance, palmas and rhythm!! The Palos series will examine the relationship between the dance and music in each of flamenco’s classic palos (rhythms), and the variations within each. Part of the class will be focused on deepening an understanding of the relationship between music and dance/choreography. A guitarist will accompany some of the classes.
Saturday August 30th: 3:30-5:30pm
Sunday Sept 14th: 3-5pm
Sunday Sept 28th: 3-5pm
Sunday Oct 5th: 3:30-5:30pm
Saturday November 1st: 3-5pm
[TBA? Saturday November 8th: 3-5pm]
Sunday November 16th: 3:30-5:30pm
Sunday November 30th: 3:30-5:30pm – With Guitarist Otto!
• Call: 404-884-3158 now to secure your placement or email La Fani: Lafaniflamenka@yahoo.com
• Tuition: 1 Class Drop In: $25; 2 sessions: $45; 3 sessions: $65; 4 sessions: $80
• Where: The Telephone Factory Studio, 828 Ralph McGill Boulevard, Atlanta, GA, 30306 (404-884-3158)
♦ CASTANETS CLASS – TBA
♦ PRIVATES by appointment
The private class depends on what you want to work on. It can be focused on technique, choreography, compas, footwork, braceo, etc.